Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAKUNA MATATA

ALL YeAr RoUnd
Give thanks
Count your blessings
Remember thy savior
The sacrifices he made.


Last night, i joined my friends to church, and i was grateful i did, because the new year's gospel made a deal of an impact in my life, or at least i think it would this year. Im not really familiar with the word of God but the gospel taught me how to be grateful for my life and for everything else. The past few months, has been a blur..it seemed that i had spent most of my days, just passing moments, dwelling on bad things, whining about my problems and being angry all the time. Most of the things in my life, apparently, i had taken for granted..it's funny how most of us realizes the importance of what we've got until it was gone. but all is good. at least from now on, because no matter what happens, i truly believe now, that God has a purpose for everything..Sometimes when things seemed to go wrong with our lives, we sink and sink fast..Our hearts gets easily discouraged, and our spirits gets lost in darkness. I had been in such a state, and the entire time, i succumb in fear, the fear of the unknown..what ever lies ahead. And it can get pretty depressing.. And i go about my everyday life, without knowing why and what. i was mostly confused. But after last night, everythings changed..my attitude towards life is now different from what has been.. i'm just thankful for everything..whatever happened last year,good and bad.. God has a purpose.. and i may not know it now, but one day he'll reveal His purpose for my life..So to end this post, instead of doing a new year's resolution list, i made a list of what i was thankful for in 2007.

*I'm thankful to God..for:

- 2007, for the year that was, adding up to my living years, im just thankful im still here. alive and kickin.
- my mom, for working overseas. For financial support and for being away for over 20 years..because it taught me to take responsibility for myself, my sis, and our house.
- my sister, for having her stubborn ass around, it taught me to be patient,and it taught me to know just how much i can tolerate.
- my bestfriend, for the years of friendship, for the love and care, for the misunderstandings and petty quarrels, for the ups and downs,and for the person that she really was, or is. it taught me to dream, to hope, to understand, to listen, to reach out, to lend a hand, to become a true friend.
- the friends that come and go, for those who have stayed.. for those who leave, for those who lies, who cheats, who manipulates, who betrays, who deceives, for the friendship that was lost, and the ones reborn,and the new found friends..I thank God for all that, because, it taught me to forgive, to be more accepting, to be wise, to be reliable, to be humble, to be grateful, to depend on my own.
- my lalab, for the love and care, for his patience,and his friendship. for making me laugh, for the sweet little things, for making me cry, for the stupid things he has said and done, for his strength and his weaknesses, his best and his worst self, I thank God for giving me such a royal pain boyfriend..because it taught me to love, to be patient, to be more forgiving, to be more accepting, to be more understanding, to be happy, to wait, to give a chance, to be self-less, to care, to continue loving.
- summer, rainy days, the sun, flowers, plants, water, shelter, clothing, food, my dogs, my neighborhood, the malls, stylish shoes, expensive make ups, chocolates, beer, music, tv shows, movies, sports, cellphones, computer, internet, pictures,and books..raket. I thank God for all these things..for all the feel-good-feelings it brings.. like being excited, happy, easy, convenient, eager,and just good..even with the simplest things.
- silence, peace, serenity, love, kindness, compassion, and laughter..I thank the Lord for all these..because it made me know what a good life is.
- dirt, noise, mess, stress, pressure, problems, hard life, mistakes, heartaches, pains, wounds, despair, sorrow, emptiness, even hate..hakuna matata..it taught me to believe in God, to be faithful and be hopeful, to be artistic and passionate, to try and do the right things, to be forgiving of myself, and of others, to feel relieved, to heal, to love, to feel joy, to grow up, to build myself up.

~*~
if we 'd all take a closer look with each of our lives, we'll find a reason for everything..and we may not understand it now, or we may not like it, and we may not be able to see the good side of every bad things that's happening at the moment, but sooner or later when God reveals his purpose, you'll know that the Lord is Good in every way.. God bless!


No comments: